Thursday, July 3, 2008

The power of words ....

Even though I've been a complete weeping bear, my wonderfully caring husband called our agency today because he knew that I would not make it through the conversation without falling completely apart in the pits of despair. Wouldn't you know ..... the lady that heads up the China adoptions is on vacation! We get one of the scariest e-mails in the world and SHE'S ON VACATION!! I know, I know .... I'm not not angry; I'm just freaking out a bit.

Yesterday I cried my way through the last post, curled up on the couch, and wept the night away. I did not get up to eat, to work out, or anything else except to go to bed late that night. Today I received a post and some e-mails. Some were from people I knew, and some were from people I truly hope I get to know. I felt my spirits rise with each word I read, and for that I am truly grateful.

No, we still have not received any "concrete" word yet on our case, and won't until Monday. But, thanks to you all who wrote me words of encouragement, told me your adoption story, or just e-mailed me to let me know you've been where I am. The power behind each one of those words and stories makes this process a little easier.

"There is no such thing as a 'self-made' man. We are made up of thousands of others. Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success.”
- George Matthew Adams

0 comments: