You've all heard that God can move heaven and earth, but did you know that Sally Wilkinson can move Immigration?? The unimaginable actually happened .... we received an e-mail from INS!! I know, I know, some of you are still heretics and disbelievers. You're thinking things like, "No way! I know that can't be true!", or "The INS actually responded to someone instead of just giving them the run-around?", or even "An actual person e-mailed? It wasn't just some computer generated e-mail?"
Well, let me set the world straight. After spending countless hours on the phone with INS, getting the rudest person on the face of the earth on the phone to help us, and then having that person talk over me just to tell me to send yet another e-mail to INS, I was shocked ... nah, astonished, when we received an actual e-mail from an actual person from Immigration.
The e-mail stated:
"Your paperwork was sent within a date of the approval. Usually it is sent out the same day as your I-171h approval. Another copy will be forwarded to NVC and NVC should receive it by Thursday."
There was no signature and I'm still unsure what the first sentence is really trying to say, but who cares?? The last sentence is the most important of all! The National Visa Center will be receiving a copy of our paperwork on Thursday!
So, a week ago someone in China asked our agency rep. where our paperwork was at, and now the ball is rolling. Now, hopefully, The NVC will put their bottoms in overdrive and get our paperwork sent out to China.
Do you hear it? That's the chug-chug-chug of our train getting a little closer and closer to bringing Noah home. :)
Oh, and Nai Nai ... I did try and call to tell you the news, so don't get upset if you read this first.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
No .... for real?
Posted by Jo at 6:23 PM
Labels: adoption, Chip Pickering, Immigration, INS, LOA, National Visa Center
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment