Remember when you were young and every holiday, no matter how big or small, was magical? It was magical because it was a special day. If the holiday was during the school year, you made special crafts that commemorated that day. If it was during the summer, you did something special that day. Well, that's what yesterday was like for me ..... magic. I don't know how, or even why, it just was.
I don't know if it was the site of the fireworks display, overeating on grilled chicken and frozen hot cocoa, or the love of friends and family, but I went to bed last night with renewed hope. Hope for a better adoption process, hope that my wonderful husband will clean out his band/drum room (which will soon be our son's room), and hope that yes ... we will finish sanding and varnishing our floors before summer ends. It feels good to be back on the mental railway again and not just going through life feeling down in the dumps and not wanting to do anything.
Do I think that everything will really work out? I'm about 80% sure. Has anything really changed? No, not at all ... but it is getting closer to Monday .... Magical Monday! Hopefully on Monday we will speak to Mrs. Wilkinson and she will get us wonderful news about locating our paperwork and getting it on the right track. Also, on Monday we will speak with our adoption agency and hopefully get more news that will make us feel more secure with this whole Hague thing and our adoption process.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
The magic of a holiday ....
Posted by Jo at 9:11 AM
Labels: adoption, Hague accreditation, hope
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment